Due to a sidewalk reconstruction project by the…
From cremations to burials at sea, each culture has its…
Climbing Wall Hours: Saturdays from 1-3 p.m. The Swaner…
Beaver – Nuisance or Restoration Partner?…
Relaxation College can be a very stressful time to be a…
Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)
Deadline: February 1
To be considered for the WUE applicants must:
- Apply for a fall semester as an incoming freshman OR transfer student
- Attend Utah State University Logan Main Campus
- Have intent to graduate from Utah State University
- Major in a USU program (i.e. students majoring in nursing from Weber State are not eligible for Utah State University sponsored scholarships)
- Be admitted to USU
- Be a legal resident of a participating state: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington, and Wyoming
- Freshmen must have an admissions index of 100 or higher
- Transfer students must have a 3.0 or higher transfer GPA
WUE is an exchange program for undergraduate students. It allows students to pay 150% of resident tuition. The program is filled on a yearly basis beginning with fall semester. Because this program is limited, you are encouraged to apply early. To be considered for the WUE program, a student MUST submit a WUE Consideration Request Form. If you have further questions please contact Jo Olsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 435.797.8131.
Notification of awards will begin the last week of March. The program is set for a maximum of 8 semesters. Transfer awards will vary depending on the number of transfer credits already accumulated.
Time the student is enrolled on the WUE will NOT count towards requirements for resident status for tuition purposes.
Participants in the WUE program must do the following to remain eligible:
- Be enrolled for no less than 12 credit hours per semester. The WUE will not pay on more than 18 credit hours per semester
- Maintain a 2.75 cumulative USU grade point average
- Have not accepted any other USU scholarship in the form of tuition waiver or tuition reduction (private cash awards or scholarships are acceptable).
WUE will be awarded to students based on index or transfer GPA, academic program, and application date (if necessary).
For questions or additional information on the Western Undergraduate Exchange at USU, please contact the Admissions Office at 800.488.8108 or 435.797.8131.
For more general information on the Western Undergraduate Exchange program, please visit wue.wiche.edu .
For information on the residency law for Utah, please visit