Sample Role Statements
A role statement is a document that broadly describes the multiple responsibilities of a faculty member at Utah State University and outlines the performance expectations that the University has of faculty members. The role statement establishes general parameters and principles for the employment of faculty at Utah State University.
Below are sample role statements from each college at Utah State University. These are provided as examples. Each faculty member should work with his or her Department Head and Dean to construct their individual role statement.
- College of Agriculture and Applied Sciences
- Jon M. Huntsman School of Business
- Caine College of the Arts
- Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services
- College of Engineering
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- S.J. & Jessie E. Quinney College of Natural Resources
- College of Science