Sigma Alpha Epsilon Legacy Scholarship
The 2014-2015 application will be available August 1, 2014.
The Phi Kappa Iota/SAE Foundation, hereafter referred to as the SAE Foundation, came into existence in early 2001 after the sale of the SAE house to the University. The Foundation was set up with two primary goals in mind. First, to preserve the capital from the sale of the house so that should conditions in the future warrant a return of the Fraternity to campus, resources would be available to buy, build or at least put a significant down payment on a new fraternity house. Secondly, the excess interest from the fund would be used to help descendants of active fraternity members with tuition costs at USU.
Current Board Members
updating in process...
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can Apply?
Students must meet the following criteria to be considered for the SAE Legacy Scholarship:
• Be an incoming freshman or transfer student (cannot have previously attended Utah State University)
• Be a child or grandchild of a member of the PKI Chapter or Utah Upsilon Chapter of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity.
• Be admissible to Utah State University (date of acceptance to USU can be any date prior to the first day of school).
• Have a 3.00 high school GPA
• Be a US Citizen
• Be attending USU in the year they receive the award (ie, scholarship cannot be deferred)
How are the applications judged?
Applications are submitted to the USU Alumni Relations office. Submitted applications will then be directed to the SAE Foundation and reviewed to ensure applicant meets all requirements. Once an applicant has met the criteria, the grant will be awarded through the USU Alumni Relations Office.
How many scholarships are awarded?
The number of scholarships varies from year to year and depends on the number of applications and the investment pool. For the 2013-2014 school year, twelve $2,000 scholarship were awarded.
How do I get an application?
Applications are only available online. The link to apply is at the top of this webpage.
When will I be notified?
The Alumni Relations office will begin sending award letters as soon as they hear back from the SAE Foundation. Letters are usually mailed around April 1. The deadline to accept the offer is May 1.