The Legacy of Utah State
The Legacy of Utah State Award is given each year to recognize and emphasize a student who represents the heart and soul of the university. Students should show a commitment to the institution and their program of study, as well as demonstrate internal involvement and service, department dedication, perseverance during times of adversity, and contribution behind the scenes.
The dean is to appoint a committee with students, faculty, and administrative representation to select an average, but committed student from each college. The Robins Awards Committee will then appoint a committee to select the winner of the "Legacy of Utah State Award" from the eight college nominees. The person is recognized at the annual Robins Awards.
The recipient shall have participated in the following manner:
- Commitment to institution and their program of study.
- Internal involvement and service.
- Department dedication.
- Perseverance during times of adversity.
- Contribution behind the scenes.
- Hard worker and good work ethic.
- Must be a Utah State University student.
In order to provide some uniformity to the selection process, the Committee suggests that each candidate provide the following materials:
- Nomination letter from the dean of the college.
- Letter of support from the department head.
- Letter of support from the faculty who nominated them (if the faculty member is the dean or department head, no additional letter is required).
- Contact information for the nominee (phone and/or email address).
Legacy of Utah State Recipients
Lisa Boyd, College of Natural Resources, 2012
Caleb Kauffman, College of Natural Resources, 2011
Andrew J. Hobson, College of Engineering, 2010
Heather Barger, Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services, 2009
Bradley Hintze, College of Science, 2008
Coby Champneys, College of Agriculture, 2007