Nominate a book for the 2014 Common Literature Experience
Do you have a favorite book that you think all 2014 Connections students, the Utah State campus and local community should read? The 2014 Literature Experience Committee is seeking nominations of book titles for the Common Literature Experience.
- Recent high school graduates reading on their own, in the summer, without the benefit of classroom instruction.
Selections must meet the following criteria:
- 350 pages or less.
- Exhibits literary merit.
- Contains a strong narrative line.
- Opens a host of ideas and affords both students and local community members opportunities for discussion.
- Is engaging for students to read independently because it is directly or indirectly relevant to a student's experiences.
- Provides topics and themes which may be integrated into university courses (i.e. English 1010).
- Does not contain sexually explicit language.
- Is not politically biased,"touchy-feely", or religious in nature.
- Is not overdone or overexposed (not made into a movie).
- Not used in high school curriculums.
- Preferred: Has available multimedia related to the book, author, or theme that can enrich the literature experience.
Please submit your nomination by Friday, November 8th.