PERFORMERS, REFEREES, AND JUDGES
This Direct Pay Form may be used for people who are providing services for the University as a performer, referee, and judge AND who are not an employee of USU. Examples include (but are not limited to):
- Playing a musical instrument for an awards program
- Performing as a comedian or magician
- Refereeing a soccer or basketball game
- Judging a rocket or baking contest
Payment to a USU Employee
If the performer, referee, or contest judge is an employee of Utah State University, payment must be processed through the University's payroll system as additional compensation. A Direct Pay Form cannot be used. Please refer to Payments to USU Employees in the Direct Pay Procedures.
Payment to a Non-USU Employee
If the person being paid as a performer, referee, or contest judge is not an employee of Utah State University, use the Direct Pay Form EZ-Buy link below. The University complies with IRS regulations by reporting payments that total $600 or greater over the span of a calendar year on Form 1099-MISC.
Required information to process the Direct Pay:
- The name and A# of the vendor or person being paid.
- For new suppliers please fax a completed W-9 from the vendor to 435-797-1089.
- The home mailing address of the person being paid.
- Use account code 712110
- Business purpose for the payment.
(Click on the link below to log into EZ-Buy for the Direct Pay Form)