The Travel Office is really excited about the new Banner Travel Module that is coming. This will enable the University to have all Travel Authorizations and Travel Reimbursements prepared and processed electronically. This will streamline the process for approvals and speed up the travel reimbursements. The new Travel and Expense Module will also allow for easy tracking of travel itineraries. To process your TA in a more timely fashion we suggest you attach an itinerary to your Post-TA. Click here for an example of an itinerary to attach. For more information see the Travel Procedures page.
- The Travel Card is a type of P-Card that can be issued to University departments for the purpose of making authorized travel-related purchases on the University’s behalf.
- Travel Cards do not “travel” with individual cardholders. The card is meant to be kept in the office and pay for certain travel-related expenses in advance.
- The Travel Card may be used to pay for the following travel-related expenditures in advance of travel:
- Airfare (Delta, Southwest, Expedia, Travelocity, etc.)
- Travel Agencies (including agency airfare)
- Shuttle Service (Airport Shuttle, for example)
- Bus Service
- Travel Cards may not be used for on-campus expenditures, excluding the University Inn. When using the Travel Card at the University Inn you need to use an OCC number.
Find the Travel Card Procedures at http://www.usu.edu/controller/acctpay/tcard.cfm
Travel Cash Advance
- Cash Advances available through the Travel Department are for the following circumstances:
- Individual student(s) who are traveling on University related business travel.
- Group travel involving students.
- International travel for faculty members.
The Travel Cash Advance Check Request Form must be attached to a completed and signed Travel Authorization form. Completed areas on the TA form include:
- Section 1 - Traveler Information
- Section 2 - Travel Plan (including signature from traveler)
- Section 3A - Funding Approval (including signatures)
- Section 3C - Pre-Trip Travel Authorization (signatures)
All Cash Advances will be funded through the Controller's Office. Cash Advances will be closed out and charged to the department's index when the Post-Travel Authorization Form is turned in at the completion of travel; however, the departmental index will be encumbered with the amount of the travel cash advance.
Closing the Cash Advance: Along with all receipts please include where and how the Advance was used: lodging, meals, etc.
Find the Cash Advance Procedures at:
Mileage Using Personal Auto
The Personal Mileage Form is no longer required when turning in TA’s. The Pre Travel form has been updated to include all necessary requirements for using personal autos for University travel.
Please make sure all required signatures are on the Pre and Post TA’s when they are turned into the Travel Office.
- This includes funding signatures on the Pre and the Post.
- The Traveler must sign all applicable lines on the Pre and Post. If the traveler is unavailable then please get an email with their approval to attach with the TA.
- Authorizer signatures are always one step above the Traveler.
- For any Travel outside of the 50 United States this is considered International and would then require the signature of the Provost or Vice President.
Travel Check Request:
This form can be used for the following:
- Reimburse the Traveler after the Post Travel has been closed out.
- Reimburse a company, shuttle, bus, travel agency
- Reimburse another person who paid for expenses for the Traveler.